Say Happy New Year in French
As the New Year approaches, it’s always wonderful to learn how to wish your friends and family happiness for the coming year. If you’re looking to impress your loved ones or French-speaking acquaintances, here’s how to say “Happy New Year” in French:
Say Happy New Year in French:
- Bonne année – This is the most common and simple way to say “Happy New Year” in French.
- Meilleurs vœux – This translates to ”Best wishes” and can also be used to wish someone a happy new year.
- Bonne santé et beaucoup de bonheur pour cette nouvelle année – This longer phrase means “Good health and lots of happiness for this New Year.” It adds an extra touch of warmth to your New Year’s wishes.
- Que cette année vous apporte son lot de joie, d’amour et de chance - Translated as “May this year bring you lots of joy, love, and luck.” It’s a more elaborate way to express your good wishes.
- Que tous vos vœux se réalisent - Meaning “May all your wishes come true.” This is a lovely sentiment to share for the New Year.
So, as the clock strikes midnight on December 31st, you can confidently greet your French-speaking friends with your new linguistic skill. Use any of these phrases to spread joy and positivity for the year ahead!
Remember, saying “Happy New Year” in French is just the beginning. If you want to deepen your connection with the language, consider exploring a French course, or immersing yourself in French culture. Learning a new language is always an enriching experience and opens up exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Keep practicing and have a fantastic New Year celebration!
Don’t forget to say “Happy New Year in French” throughout this festive season! Bonne année!